- GateManager Own - Datalogging Scenarios
- LogTunnel Scenarios
- SiteManager Embedded Scenarios
- SiteManger Scenarios
Working with SiteManager SMS and Email Alerts
This article will provide information on how to operate with SiteManager SMS and Email Alerts.
This document provides an overview of the different Alert mechanisms supported by a Secomea SiteManager hardware unit
Alert trigger methods:
Devices installed locally to the SiteManager can use it to send Alert messages by the following trigger methods.
▪ TCP/UDP – with an Ethernet connection to the SiteManager an SMS or Email can be sent by establishing a TCP session from the PLC to a port (default) 26864) on the Uplink or DEV interface and send a message such as: /+4511223344/Tank level low.
▪ Digital Input ports – on the SiteManager WEB interface you can configure the GateManager > Alert menu to send a static text to a mobile number or email or list of recipients when the Input1 or Input2 ports goes ON or OFF.
▪ Serial Port – by using AT-Commands you can, with a Serial connection from your PLC, trigger the SiteManager to send an SMS or an Email such as; AT+CMGS=+4511223344 CR Tank level low ctrl+z
▪ HTTP browser – for testing and troubleshooting you can use a web browser to send an SMS or Email message, by typing e.g. the following in the address bar from a PC placed on the Uplink or DEV side of the SiteManag-er:http://172.16.16.187:26864/SMS/+4511223344/testing_SMS
▪ HTTP Request - You can issue a GET or POST HTTP request to the SiteManager to send an SMS.
Alerts triggered by the above-mentioned methods can be submitted by different methods:
▪ Using GateManager as Gateway – The SiteManager can be configured to use the GateManager as the gateway for messages triggered by the above-mentioned methods. Note that SMS services must be enabled on the GateManager to allowing sending of SMS.
▪ Using SiteManager as Gateway - The SiteManager can be configured to send Email and SMS messages triggered by the above-mentioned methods from the local Uplink interfaces. Note that it requires an SMTP setting to be entered in the SiteManager and that local SMS messages are only supported by SiteManager models with integrated modem (xx39 models)
SMTP Relay – A PLC supporting integrated SMTP Client uses the SiteManager’s DEV port as an email gateway, and the SiteManager will re-lay the Email via the GateManager’s mail service. Such messages are not logged in the GateManager audit log.
▪ SMTP Routing – A PLC supporting integrated SMTP Client uses the SiteManager’s DEV port for routing the email to an SMTP server on the Uplink side of the SiteManager. Such messages are not logged in the GateManager audit log.
See the guide below for more details